Informal survey of opinions

And will serve as an archive only.

Informal survey of opinions

Postby Wolesley » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello all,
I am looking into moving our discussions to a hosted webspace where we would not be at the mercy of the whims of this free phpBB site, which has been causing problems for members by randomly banning or threatening to ban, by not loading properly and by adding and dropping features with no notice.
A hosted webspace would be more stable, would allow more choice in the look and design of our forum, and would offer a greater selection of features.
However, there would be a moderate cost for this alternative, perhaps between CDN$60 to $90 per year, depending on the features selected and the payment terms. A yearly payment would cost more, and a multi-year commitment would cost less. For example, a large amount of space with many features would work out to $60 per year, but require an upfront payment of $300 for 5 years. I would need contributions to help pay the costs.

So I would like to know how members feel about moving our discussions to a new place. Please respond to any or all of the questions below:

Have the recent instabilities on this FreeForum site been annoying and off-putting enough to drive you away?
Is the limited design of this forum uninspiring?
Would a more interesting and attractive design increase your enjoyment and time spent here? (that could be another problem altogether! :D)
Would you be willing to contribute a small amount to fund a new forum space?

Thanks,
Lesley, Admin
I'm a pole-selector. I select poles.
Wolesley
Site Admin

Re: Informal survey of opinions

Postby Wolesley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Well, you can tell how tech-savvy I am when I post a survey in a locked forum! This in no way indicates my level of interest in your responses! :D

Please respond to the topic set by Lynnedean in Mature Conversation...
(I have also received some replies by PM and email, thanks!)

Lesley :oops:
I'm a pole-selector. I select poles.
Wolesley
Site Admin

Return to This Forum is now closed